RULES ALL MUST PLEASE FOLLOW!!!
- ENGLISH- All posts, topics, chat room conversations, blogs, comments, signatures etc must be all wrote in English.
- PROFANITY- Please keep offensive language to a minimum. While we may let you get away with things you may hear on TV or ratio, but don't go overboard.
- ONLINE SAFETY- After reading about the girl on "MYSPACE" who was killed in 2007, after striking up a relationship over the internet. We "AKA Off-Topic Forums" suggested we should put up in writing, showing you how to keep yourself as safe as possible either on AKA Off-Topic or any other site/forum/social network on the internet.
- ARE YOU UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE- AKA Off-Topic does NOT allow kids on our forums that are under the age of 13 UNLESS, you are "supervised by a parent" or "supervised by next of kin". On registration you must provide the email address of your parent or guardian. From there you will receive instructions to your parent or guardian on how to get your account approved. If approval is not received from parent or guardian in 7 days the information will be deleted. Why do we have this rule? because not only for your safety, but we also would like parents and guardians to look around the boards before allowing their children to register and communicate with older teens. You can also read more information by clicking the following link Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule.
- OBSCENE MATERIAL- No posting of P0rnographic material, images or links to it around the forums, not in albums, private messages, profile messaging, blogs, advertising, NO WHERE, DO NOT POST ADULT CONTENT. You will be BANNED even if you sign up with a username that relates to adult content, you will be Banned no questions asked.
- FLAMING, BASHING, BULLYING AND TROLLING- Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated on our Boards, as is posting topics specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (AKA trolling). Don't spam/abuse any other member via e-mail, Profile Comments, Chat Room or Private Messaging. Posting is a privilege that can and will be revoked for anyone violating the rules of common sense and decorum. Do not make fun of another members Spelling and Grammar mistakes, this may lower a members self esteem and you will get a warning and may lead to being banned. Failure to comply with the above rules repeatedly will result in the immediate banning of that individual user. We ask you to keep the conversation civil, and in good taste. Please refrain from using vulgar language, personal attacks, racial, ethnic, or s3xual innuendos. We have different age groups that visit this forum, so keep this in mind when posting. You are free to disagree with others, but if you stoop to personal abuse or attacks, your post's will be deleted. If you are insulted by a post, please report the post, but PLEASE DO NOT retaliate. Anything we think relates to cyber bullying, your account will be deleted, IP reported to your ISP with proof of conversation. Advertising or promoting any product or service on any of our bulletin boards is prohibited, unless you have permission or are posting in website through advertising.
- SPAM- Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages is highly frowned upon, unless in forums where a small amount of spam is (maybe) allowed.
- SIGNATURES- No posting of p0rnographic material or site links. No links allowed in signatures. Sites being promoted can only be done in Webmaster reviews forum. Those continually breaking the rules will be banned for "7 days". Repeat offenders will be banned permanently.
- CAUTION- Flashing screens are not under any circumstances to be used in signatures, topics or post's. This can be very dangerous to some user's with "Photo Sensitive Epilepsy" and can cause serious harm.
USER ACCOUNTS- Each member is allowed one account and no more than that. Failure to comply with this will result in:
For two accounts registered to the same member:
- Second account will be banned and the first account will have a 2 week freeze placed on it.
For three or more accounts registered to the same member:
- All accounts will be banned.
No exceptions allowed.
Please Note that families in the same house hold using same IP is fine. But you will still be closely monitored.
- DO NOT REQUEST ACCOUNT REMOVAL - Once you Register at AKA Off-Topic thats it, there is no turning back. Once your Account is created you cannot Request for your Account to be Deleted!!! By Accepting these Rules and signing up to AKA Off-Topic Forums, you understand that...these are the Rules of AKA Off-Topic! Remember, we did not ask or force you to join our boards. You did this on your own free will. Viewing our forums as a guest, you can clearly see what our boards are all about. If you no longer want to be apart of our community, its simple. Leave, don't come back. Opt out from receiving any Notifications by doing this in your User Options (AKA) Settings. New members in the past, Registering, posting 3 or 4 posts then asking for Account Removal, with No good reason what so ever is stupid and its a waste of our time. Your Options: Do not Register, or, just leave, its that simple.
- ILLEGAL SUGGESTIONS/MATERIAL- Respect the copyrights of other people, websites, software & printed media. Please no pointers, how-to's, advocating any illegal activity. Any sites/people on the net can Contact Us if they own any copyright Materials/Content and ask it to be removed. You must have good proof you own those copyrights.
- QUESTIONABLE CONTENT- Some content issues are left to the discretion of the individual moderator, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.
- PERSONAL INFO- Do not post personal information such as email addresses telephone numbers.
- IMPERSONATING/ACCESSING ANOTHER USER'S ACCOUNT- You may not impersonate another forum member or create an account specifically for the purpose of provoking other user's. Also, accessing or using someone elses account or attempting to access another poster's account is strictly prohibited. This will not be tolerated and you will be banned.
- I HAVE BEEN BANNED- If you receive a message that you have been banned, it is not acceptable to return to the boards under another user-name. If you do, your ban time may be extended. Unless you PM an Admin with good reason on why you did this.
- POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM- Please read each forum description before posting to ensure you are posting in the correct forum. off topic posts will be moved to the correct forum. Some boards are hard to get use to for new members, so we will try your best.
- NO DUPLICATE OR REPEAT POSTS- If no-one answers your question or responds to your post in example: Q & A Forum. Posting the same question over and over or in different forums will just annoy people and you will not get any answers. Then this will be counted as spamming of boards, which will lead to warnings.
- LINKS- If you have a link to your blog, sites home page or your own newly made forum, your link must go in your own profile only, or in webmasters review forums HERE. Any links in your signatures will be removed and links posted around the forums will be removed also. Non English sites will be removed to, again we are an English board. Have a link to another Site? POST it in for review in Webmasters Forum NOT all around the forums. Be at-least thankful you get to promote your site. If your links posted more than once, it will be black listed. This refers to posting your link outside your created thread. Meaning ONE thread per review.
SOURCE LINKS IN THREADS- If a topic is created it must have a good amount of content in the topic, DO NOT just create a topic and post in a link. You MUST have a few lines of content in your threads if you are linking your thread to another site. Example: making a thread in say Boards Entertainment, and you post just a source link, with no content, your thread will be removed.
Threads MUST HAVE content before posting any links to the source. Source links must be to popular websites like CNN, news and celebrity sites etc, NOT to your own site.
- FORUM SUPPORT- If you are unsure on how to add signatures/profile pictures or need support on how to use anything else on our boards, PLEASE post only in the forum Site Help & Support (AKA) Ah! Chat Forums Support for forum help. If you have computer problems, or, and need Tech Support, please create a topic in the forum Computers & Video Games. Posting and asking for help in the wrong forum, your thread most likely will not get answered, although Admins/Mods will move topic to the appropriate forum.
- WEBSITE HELP- If your seeking help, support and advice, or need help with your website you are currently creating, ask any questions in Webmasters Forum. Once your site is finished and is ready to go live, then you can post it in for review in forum: Webmasters. Only once, one topic per finished project, do not make more than one thread for your new website or it will be removed and black listed. One thread for help, support and advice for your unfinished site/forum/blog, and, one thread for a completed website/forum for review.
- CELEBRITY IMAGES- PLEASE NOTE: This only applies to Celebrity Image Topics only. This does not Apply to Celebrity News Threads. If your going to post in images of Celebrities in our Boards Entertainment section, you are only allowed to use popular Image Hosts like: imagevenue.com, imagebam.com, imageshack.us, tinypic.com, turboimagehost.com, photobucket.com, imageghost.com etc...OR images can be added from Our own Img Host or gallery. Do NOT use AKA Off-Topic as a promotional site using your own image site just to try and create back linking. Adding images from your personal celebrity sites will be removed and black listed. I will stress the point, topics MUST have good content and images before you post in your site link. Please dont just post the source link and get your own site Black Listed.
- SOURCE LINKS- This Applies to any of our forums here at AKA Off-Topic Forums. If you are going to post in a source link, make sure your topic has content. As stated above, any links will be removed with out at least some lines of good content. Our Mods/Admins have the right to at any time remove any threads that they think does not have enough content with a source link added. A source link will also be removed if the link is not directed to the actual source of the topic.
- PRIVATE MESSAGING- Our guidelines still apply to private messaging, and if anyone sees a PM in their inbox that is advertising, inappropriate, or anything else that violates our guidelines/rules, please forward it to our Admins Or Mods. Please see here our Moderating Team, PM them to deal with any issues. Thank you.
- TWITTER/FACEBOOK/TUMBLR- Personal Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook accounts can be posted in signatures and your own profile. But do this at your own risk.
- USERNAME CHANGE- Please do not sign up to the forums then ask for a name change strait away, such requests will be ignored.
- YOUR IDEAS FORUM- Please do not register to AKA Off-Topic Forums and then create topic suggestions to the boards unless you are a regular posting member. Signing up and making a suggestion before posting is pointless, unless you're going to stick around and help out our community and you are shown as an active member. Don't make suggestion topics then leave, like some new members do. Its pointless and a waste of our time!
- YOUR FIRST POST- Simple little rule and easy to follow. Do not attempt to place a link into your very first topic/post. This is allowed in Webmasters, but not in any other forums here at AKA Off-Topic. Links are for help and support to your forum/blogs etc, or to be reviewed.
- ABOUT AKA Off-Topic RULES PAGE- These rules have been hand typed and was first written out on the 6th of June/July 2006. At that stage we were under the domain ForumCentral1.com. From 2006 this page has been modified and updated for the better. As we have the right to update these rules at any time. These Rules are not to be copied and pasted at any other sites/forums to be claimed as yours. Our Domain may seem new, but this forum has been around 7 years. These rules are now moved from our old Domain forumcemtral1.com, and are now Copyrighted to ©akaot.com!
The Administrators and Moderators are here to ensure that AKA Off-Topic Forums is safe from online predators. Although we cannot guarantee %100 safety to those members that do not follow our rules. If you decide to Chat with others here on our AKA Off-Topic Boards then that's fine. Chatting if fun, getting to know others from around the world, learning about other cultures is fine as that's what we are all about. But those members that decide to meet up with a complete stranger out side of AKA Off-Topic, then that's out of our hands, and we will not be held responsible if something bad were to happen to you. AKA Off-Topic Forums still care about your safety on or away from our boards. So we really encourage all members to report anyone who you feel might be a predator. We know in this day an age, lots of people are not who they say they are. Any predator found here will be banned, and all traces of them will be removed and they will face legal actions in their local area. We (AKA Off-Topic) Administrators and Moderators are always watching, reading and lurking around even if you do not see us. But private messaging to strangers is out of our hands. Its up to you to follow our rules Chatting with people you do not know. So if a conversation is leading in to some thing you find suspicious. Report that private message and member by forwarding the conversation to an Admin ASAP. We'll take it from there. Please, stay safe, we care a lot for or members.
To keep yourself out of harms way, here is a guide you should use.
1. Keep your identity private! This is a public forum, that means anyone on the internet can access it. Avoid giving out your full name, your mailing address, your telephone number, the name of your school or anything that could personally identify you.
2. Don't meet anyone from online! The worst thing you could do is meet someone from online. People aren't always who they say they are. If you do feel the need to meet someone, bring three or more friends/family with you. Never meet or go alone with the person! It's best to meet in a public place such as a coffee shop or mall where there are a lot of people around you.
3. Don't reply to PM's (Private Messages), Instant Messages, Emails, chat or any other message system that makes you feel uncomfortable. If you ever get anything like this on AKA Off-Topic, please contact Admin and provide details of what happened and who did it. If you can, please provide a copy of it. Actions will be taken ASAP.
©2018 - akaot.com